Crystal Lake, Illinois
Shaw Media, the No. 1 provider of local news in northern Illinois, is looking for a Sports Gambling Content Director to lead a new niche vertical.
About this opportunity:
We are looking for a creative, motivated leader who can help us successfully launch a new content vertical in the sports gambling space. This person will work with our digital, marketing and editorial teams to create written and broadcast content covering sports, betting, breaking news and other sports gambling topics.
The ideal candidate will:
● Assign and create sports gambling content that fits the needs of our audience
● Edit content while keeping top of mind conversion goals to our affiliate partner
● Work with a cross-functional team to increase audience and conversions
● Have at least a base knowledge and a genuine curiosity for sports betting markets
● Optimize content for best SEO practices
● Be ready to hit the ground running with NFL season and Chicago-area professional and collegiate teams as it relates to sports gambling
● Candidates who know how to do video editing/use Streamyard or a similar product will be strongly considered
About Shaw Media:
Shaw Media publishes over 150 titles in Illinois and Iowa. Its holdings include websites, newspapers, magazines, and a digital marketing services division. Founded in Dixon, Illinois, Shaw Media has been privately owned by the Shaw family since its inception in 1851.
Enjoy the Rewards of Working Among the Best:
In return for your contributions to our success, Shaw Media offers a comprehensive benefits package, including medical, dental, vision, and 401(k) with company match.
Ours is a company with ambitious goals and an eye for the future. If you’d like to join us, please apply. Submit a cover letter, along with your resume and 3-5 samples of your best work:
Or mail it to:
Shaw Media HR
c/o Sports Gambling Content Director
PO Box 250
Crystal Lake, IL 60039
Shaw Media is an Equal Opportunity and Drug-Free Employer.
Pre-employment background check including motor vehicle record and drug screen required.
This posting may not include all duties of the position.