The Joliet Herald-News seeks an enterprise reporter focused on local government who can produce investigative and analysis stories and also breaking news related to Will County and local municipal governments. The enterprise reporter will focus on developing sources for more in-depth journalism.
As an enterprise reporter for The Herald-News, key responsibilities will include:
• Respond to major news developments with an investigative intent.
• Use documents and data analysis to develop stories.
• Produce stories with urgency and follow up consistently.
• Proven experience in enterprise and investigative reporting.
• Knowledge and experience in local government reporting.
• Excellent writing skills.
• A college degree in journalism or related field
• One-year professional reporting experience or solid internship experience
• Solid knowledge of AP Style and grammar
• Must have and maintain a valid driver’s license, dependable transportation, and proof of insurance.
About Shaw Media:
Shaw Media publishes over 150 titles in Illinois and Iowa. Its holdings include websites, newspapers, magazines, and a digital marketing services division. Founded in Dixon, Illinois, Shaw Media has been privately owned by the Shaw family since its inception in 1851.
Enjoy the Rewards of Working Among the Best:
In return for your contributions to our success, Shaw Media offers a comprehensive benefits package, including medical, dental, vision, and 401(k) with company match.
Ours is a company with ambitious goals and an eye to the future. If you’d like to join us, please apply. Submit a cover letter, along with your resume and 3-5 samples of your best work:
Or mail it to:
Shaw Media HR
c/o Enterprise Reporter
PO Box 250
Crystal Lake, IL 60014
Shaw Media is an Equal Opportunity and Drug-Free Employer.
Pre-employment background check including motor vehicle record and drug screen required.
This posting may not include all duties of the position.